The first tier of the ERDAS IMAGINE® suite, IMAGINE Essentials, offers the basic tools for image mapping, visualization, enhancement and geocorrection. It is a powerful, low-cost image mapping and visualization tool that allows you to combine different types of geographic data with imagery and organize it efficiently for projects.
With the 2013 release, IMAGINE has been fitted with a complete new suite of point cloud tools, allowing
you to visualize and query point clouds from terrestrial and aerial LIDAR sources, as well as very dense point clouds derived from photogrammetric workflows, such as eATE.
- Use over 130 different image formats including JPEG 2000 encoding/decoding
- Geospatially linked viewers, including the IMAGINE Geospatial Light Table™Rapidly display and roam through imagery
- Georeference raw image data
- Manage images with the IMAGINE Image Catalog
- Unsupervised classification
- Digitize Arc coverage and shapefiles over images
- Display and analyze ESRI Geodatabases
- Create and print maps in over 1000 projected coordinate systems with Map Composer
- Easy data access using the CellArray™
- Batch processing wizard
- A full set of tools for displaying and querying point clouds
- Customizable interface with the Preference Editor
- Context-sensitive, hypertext-linked on-line help